Published on April 21st, 2020 | by OAAA0
OAAA Webinar: More Stimulus Help is Likely on the Way
Congress could approve more stimulus help for small businesses. Out of home companies who are waiting on the sidelines should apply, OAAA webinar panelists said.
- The Senate and then the House are prepared to vote later this week on more help for small businesses.
- The popular Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) was exhausted by April 16 (it started April 3).
- OAAA is pushing for more stimulus help.
- Congress is likely to approve an additional $300 billion for small-business’ Paycheck Protection fund.
On April 20, OAAA hosted a webinar to share advice/tips on getting the federal government’s small-business assistance:
- Jeff Birnbaum of the lobbying/public relations firm BGR Group said new small-business funding could be approved this week.
- Paul Cook of Wolverine Sign Works in Michigan and Ken Wingate of Wingate Outdoor in Arkansas said they worked with their bankers to apply successfully for Paycheck Protection funds.
- They urged their peers to apply.
- Some out of home companies have been frustrated with their bank and by delays.
- Business attorney Allyson Baker of the Venable law firm explained:
- How PPP loans can be forgiven
- What payroll information is needed for PPP applications
- How equity partnerships are treated
- The significance of employee compensation that exceeds $100,000-a-year
Click here for a recording of the April 20 OAAA webinar.